Listed are the latest companies and institutions to accept Bitcoin. This list primarily focuses on North America, but some companies are available worldwide.
- The King’s College in New York is the first accredited U.S. college accepting Bitcoin for tuition. Other institutions also accpet Bitcoin, like Lucerne University in Switzerland and the American University of Paraguay.
- RealOpen allows you to buy any real estate property with Bitcoin – converts your crypto into cash for the seller.
- Qeeq allows you to rent cars worldwide using Bitcoin via Bitpay.
- The Kessler Collection, a luxury hotel chain, now accepts Bitcoin for payment for hotel stays.
- Ferrari has started to accept payment in Bitcoin for its cars in the U.S. and soon in Europe.
- Honda has also just started to accept Bitcoin.
- Kagi is a private search engine company that has recently started accepting Bitcoin.
- Luxury e-commerce store Farfetch now accepts bitcoin, as does Gucci and Balenciaga, Breitling, TAG Heuer, and Hublot
- Colorado has become the first U.S. state to accept bitcoin for tax payments, the DMVs in Colorado also accept it but only via Paypal.
- The U.S. luxury brand Ralph Lauren has said customers can now pay via bitcoin at its Miami Design District location.
- SFLMaven, a distributor of luxury goods, has announced a balance sheet allocation to Bitcoin and the intention to accept bitcoin as payment.
Retail Stores That Accept Bitcoin
You can spend bitcoin at retail stores using these services:
- Bitcoin Company (USA) – buy gift cards from thousands of retailers using bitcoin worldwide, including Amazon, Target, Walmart, Starbucks, Whole Foods, CVS, Lowes, Home Depot, iTunes, Best Buy, Sears, Kohls, eBay, GameStop, etc.
- NewEgg (USA) and Dell (USA) – buy electronics with bitcoin
- AT&T (USA) accepts crypto payments via Bitpay
- CryptoRefills (Netherlands) – buy gift cards using bitcoin
- Menufy (USA) – a food delivery service – announcement
- AMC (USA) – this movie theater chain accepts bitcoin
- Reeds Jewelry – this nationwide jewelry store accepts Bitcoin for 10,000 jewelry products, as well as watches, gold ingots, and loose diamonds.
- Stampnik (USA) – lets anyone ship a package or envelope using USPS Priority, Express, or First-Class mail postage
- Bitrefill (Sweden) – buy gift cards using bitcoin – works well if you purchase gift cards immediately – I don’t recommend keeping a balance on the site because your account may get locked
- Spedn (USA) – allows you to spend bitcoin directly via the Flexa payment system. These retailers will accept Flexa payments — Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, Barnes and Noble, Office Depot, Chipolte, Regal, Sheetz, Home Centric, and about 20 more retailers. However, buying gift cards from these stores is may more accessible for you.
- Bylls (Canada) – pay bills in Canada
- Shakepay (Canada) – Shakepay users can spend their dollars anywhere that accepts Visa and receive 2% cashback in bitcoin — to apply for it, you need to sign up for Shakepay’s account and verify
- Netcoins (Canada) – gives you 3% back in Bitcoin with every purchase for the first 3 months and 1% back after that – ID required
- Lightning Stores – a list of smaller companies that accept bitcoin lightning payments
Online Services That Accept Bitcoin
Online services accepting bitcoin:
- ProtonMail & ProtonVPN (Switzerland) – encrypted email and VPN services
- Kagi (USA) – this private search engine recently started accepting bitcoin
- NameCheap (USA) – domain hosting
- Porkbun (USA) – domain hosting
- Hostinger (Lithuania) – web hosting, VPS hosting
- Vultr (USA) – VPS hosting, cloud computing
Home Mortgage Providers That Accept Bitcoin
- Ledn (Canada) offers bitcoin-backed loans in Canada and is planning to offer bitcoin mortgages to clients in Canada and the U.S. this year.
- BullBitcoin (Canada) offers to help with buying real estate in Canada.
- Unchained (USA) is another source of loans similar to Ledn
- Propy (USA): This global real estate marketplace allows buyers to purchase properties using Bitcoin.
- United Wholesale Mortgage (USA): one of the first in the mortgage industry to announce plans for Bitcoin payment acceptance.
- Milo (Florida) made headlines for being the first company to offer crypto-backed mortgages in the U.S. The firm specializes in mortgages for real estate investment purposes.
- Figure (North Carolina) has opened a waitlist for crypto mortgage loans of up to $20 million.
U.S. Health Care Providers That Accept Bitcoin
Here are some health care companies that accept Bitcoin:
- Pro-Care Medical Centers has six Greater Austin and San Antonio clinics. They announced that Bitcoin will be accepted for patient payments.
- Bethesda Hospital East is a hospital in Boynton Beach, Florida. The hospital has accepted Bitcoin since December 2018. You can pay for medical services and goods on their website.
- Mercy Hospital of Fenton is a Catholic hospital in Missouri that accepts cryptocurrencies for medical services.
- Aveon Health is a clinic in Arizona that accepts Bitcoin.
- Hoskinson Health & Wellness Clinic is a clinic in Wyoming that accepts Bitcoin.
- Mount Sinai Hospital is one of the oldest and largest hospitals in the United States. It accepts crypto payments through BitPay for donations only.
Hotels That Accept Bitcoin
These hotels accept Bitcoin for payment:
- Sandman Hotel Group (Canada, USA, UK and Ireland) was an early adopter of Bitcoin, and it now runs more than 50 hotels in four countries. Sandman Hotels accepts Bitcoin transactions, which are processed through Coinbase.
- Pavillion Hotel and Resorts – 14 European and Asian Pacific properties, including Madrid, Rome, Lisbon, Bali, Thailand, Mongolia, and the Himalayas.
- The D Hotel (Las Vegas, NV)
- The Golden Gate Hotel accepts Bitcoin payments for some of its amenities, though not all, so you will want a combination of cash and Bitcoin.
- Casual Hotels of Spain and Portugal renovated their rooms and suites in the past few years and upgraded their technology integration by accepting Bitcoin payments via BitPay.
- Kauai Shores Hotel accepts Bitcoin, see announcement.
- SAii Lagoon Maldives and Hard Rock Hotel Maldives.
- Beaver Creek Lodge (Beaver Creek, CO)
- Bohemian Hotel Celebration (Orlando, FL)
- Casa Monica Resort & Spa (St. Augustine, FL)
- Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando (Orlando, FL)
- Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront (Savannah, GA)
- Elliot Park Hotel (Minneapolis, MN)
- Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville (Asheville, NC)
- Grand Bohemian Hotel Charleston (Charleston, SC)
- Grand Bohemian Hotel Charlotte (Charlotte, NC)
- Grand Bohemian Hotel Mountain Brook (Mountain Brook, AL)
- JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District (Savannah, GA)
Travel Companies That Accept Bitcoin
Travel companies that accept bitcoin:
- Norwegian Air
- Alternative Airlines (UK) – Purchase airfare using bitcoin – ticket purchases are via UTrust, a company that offers refund protection similar to Paypal
- Destina (Spain) – Book hotels, airfare, and activities using bitcoin
- Travala (Cayman Islands) – Book hotels, airfare, and activities using bitcoin
- The Yacht Break is a yacht booking service in Croatia that accepts Bitcoin via BitPay
- airBaltic (Latvia) – connects the airports of Tallinn, Riga, and Vilnius with destinations across Europe, the Middle East, and Russia
- Peach Airlines (Japan) – low-cost Japanese airline – most flights start or end at Kansai International Airport in Osaka
- LOT Airlines (Poland) – flights mostly from locations in Eastern Europe
- Virgin Galactic
- Qeeq allows you to rent cars worldwide using Bitcoin via Bitpay.
- Surf Air (California) – private jet services.
See also Bitpay’s list of travel companies.
- AMC Theaters
- Regal Cinema
- Lionsgate Films
- Cine Multi (Brazil)
- London Theatre Direct (London)
- Major Cineplex (Thailand)
Auction sites are still a popular place for people looking for a variety of things, from common commodities to valuable pieces of art. In either case, transacting with Bitcoin should come in handy.
Electronic Stores Accepting Bitcoin
- PlayStation Network
- Big Fish Games
- Green Man Gaming
- Nintendo (via eShop Digital Gift card)
- Valve (via Steam Wallet Gift card)
- Bspin Bitcoin Casino
- League of Legends/Valorant (via Riot Points)
- Vacation Rental Las Vegas
- Ocean Reef Resorts
- City Stables
Bitcoin Escrow Companies
Bitcoin Exchange Services
Here are some more bitcoin services that support the Lightning Network:
- Bull Bitcoin (Canada) — a non-custodial Bitcoin-only exchange and payments service from Canada (announcement) – also supports the Liquid Network — bill pay via Bylls – no ID required.
- HodlHodl (Lativa) — non-custodial — not available in the U.S.
Despite the contrast between decentralized and centralized finance, some banks have decided to accept Bitcoin deposits and transfers. Some even offer investment packages that include Bitcoin.
Brokers: Pay For Trades With Bitcoin
Finding a foreign exchange broker that lets you pay for your trades with Bitcoin used to be a little challenging. These days, they see the potential of BTC and are trying to take advantage of its current popularity and growth.