On GreyCoder I test privacy-friendly services, and explain how to be private online.
You can find a summary of all my recommendations here.
You can contact the editor at “greyone @ greycoder.com”.
A Set-Up For A Reasonable Level of Privacy
- An secure email account from Protonmail
- Encrypted internet connections using ExpressVPN as a VPN
- Encrypted cloud storage using Sync
- Bitwarden for password management
- A non-tracking search engine like StartPage or DuckDuckGo
More details can be found in our article The Best Privacy-Friendly Apps & Services.
About The Website
These are the tools I use to run this website:
- Web Platform: WordPress (reliable and free)
- WordPress Theme: Astra (fast and versatile)
- Site Search: Algolia (particularly good at supporting mobile search — e.g. word fragments)
- Web Analytics: Plausible (privacy-friendly web statistics)
- Image Sources: Unsplash, Behance, Pexels
- Image Editing: Photoscape X (a straightforward image editor)
- Image Compression: ShortPixel (compresses images by 40-80% without loss of quality)
- SEO Optimization: SEOPress (search engine optimization)
- Related Posts: WordPress Thumbnail Related Posts (a free “related posts” service)
All articles published on this website are provided solely for educational purposes. Before using any of the apps or services listed on this site please consult local laws.
According to new FTC blog guidelines (PDF File), bloggers and webmasters must disclose that they are being financially compensated for including certain products or services in their blog posts. This page is GreyCoder’s disclosure page.
This websites uses affiliate links to many companies listed in our reviews. These are a type of commission program on the web. If you buy a product or service as a result of clicking on these links, I will receive a commission on the resulting sale. However, I only link to services that I’d recommend to a friend 🙂