On GreyCoder, I test privacy-friendly services and explain how to be private online.
I like things that are clutter-free, ad-free, and tracker-free.
You can contact the editor at “greycoder.0582v @ dralias.com”.
Set-Up For A Reasonable Level of Privacy
- A non-track email account from Fastmail
- SimpleLogin to create email aliases
- Get encrypted internet connections using Private Internet Access (PIA)
- Hushed to create phone aliases
- Bitwarden for password management
- A non-tracking search engine like Kagi
About The Website
These are the tools I use to run this website:
- WordPress Host: WPX (inexpensive WordPress hosting)
- WordPress Theme: Astra (fast and versatile)
- Site Search: Algolia (particularly good at supporting mobile search — e.g. word fragments)
- Web Analytics: Plausible (privacy-friendly web statistics)
- Image Sources: Unsplash, Behance, Pexels
- Image Editing: Photoscape X (a straightforward image editor)
- Image Compression: ShortPixel (compresses images by 40-80% without loss of quality)
- SEO Optimization: SEOPress (search engine optimization)
All articles published on this website are provided solely for educational purposes. Before using any apps or services listed on this site, please consult local laws.
According to new FTC blog guidelines (PDF File), bloggers and webmasters must disclose that they are financially compensated for including certain products or services in their blog posts. This page is GreyCoder’s disclosure page.
This website uses affiliate links to many companies listed in our reviews. These are a type of commission program on the web. If you buy a product or service as a result of clicking on these links, I will receive a commission on the resulting sale. However, I only link to services that I’d recommend to a friend 🙂