On GreyCoder I test privacy-friendly services, and we explain how to be private online.
This article is a good introduction to making your online life more private and secure.
You can contact the editor at “greyone @ greycoder.com”.
An Reasonable Level of Privacy Set-Up
- An email account from Protonmail
- ExpressVPN as a VPN
- Encrypted cloud storage using Tresorit or pCloud
- Bitwarden for password management
- Tor as a web browser
- A search engine like StartPage with DuckDuckGo.
- A Blackphone or Fairphone as a mobile device
More details can be found in our article The Best Privacy-Friendly Apps & Services.
About The Website
These are the tools we use to run this website:
- WordPress Host & CDN: WP Engine
- Site Search: Algolia
- Image Compression: TinyPNG
- SEO optimization: SEOPress
- Avoiding comment spam: Anti-Spam Pro
All articles published on this website are provided solely for educational purposes. Before using any of the apps or services listed on this site check that you are not violating local laws.
According to new FTC blog guidelines (PDF File), bloggers and webmasters must disclose that they are being financially compensated for including certain products or services in their blog posts. This page is GreyCoder’s disclosure page.
This websites uses affiliate links to many companies listed in our reviews. These are a type of commission program on the web. If you buy a product or service as a result of clicking on these links, I will receive a commission on the resulting sale. However, I don’t link to services that I wouldn’t recommend to a friend.