The Samsung FIT Plus is a ruggedized thumb drive. It is quite a small device — only 0.7 inches long. It’s designed so be a permanent addition to a laptop computer. Basically, you can add 256 GB of extra space to your laptop without without having to carry a larger drive around with you.
The Samsung FIT is a USB 3.1 drive, and typical file read speeds are around 290 MB/s. Write speeds are just under 60 MB/s.
Samsung claims that this device is:
- Waterproof (up to 72 hours in seawater)
- Shockproof (up to 1,500 gravitational acceleration)
- Magnet Proof (up to 15,000 Gauss — equal to an MRI)
- Temperature Proof (withstands -25°C to 85°C operating, -40°C to 85°C non-operating)
- X-Ray Proof (up to 50 Roentgen — equal to airport X-ray machines)
The Samsung FIT Plus is available from Amazon.