Listed below are some reasonably fast-loading alternative interfaces to Reddit.
These sites go down fairly often – if this happens you can switch to another instance. Regarding privacy, be advised that unknown organizations and individuals run these interfaces.
- safereddit.com (a Redlib instance) – Redlib is currently the most reliable interface.
- https://reddit.invak.id (a LibReddit instance)
- teddit.zaggy.nl (a Teddit instance)
Here is a full list of LibReddit instances.
Details On The Teddit Interface
Details On The LibReddit Interface
LibReddit is similar to Teddit, but even more minimalist. Here’s a description of LibReddit from the developer:
- Private: all requests are proxied through the server, including media
- Secure: A strong Content Security Policy prevents browser requests to Reddit
Details On The Redlib Interface
Redlib is an interface that is similar to Libreddit but it’s more reliable. Reddit was blocking IPs from accessing the JSON endpoints, but Redlib doesn’t use those anymore. Instead, they emulate an official client, which currently doesn’t have any kind of IP blocking (probably because they don’t want to ban any mobile VPN users).
Automatically Redirect Your Browser To Alternative Interfaces
You can also use the LibRedirect browser extension to access alternative versions of Reddit.
The LibRedirect extension performs redirects for Reddit, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram to alternative interfaces.
Another alternative is the PrivacyRedirect browser extension.