The Lightning Network allows a huge number of people to send and receive bitcoin instantly for minuscule fees.
The Bitfinex exchange, OKCoin exchange and Strike App have already integrated the lightning network so that people can deposit and withdraw bitcoin using it. The Kraken exchange will be integrating the lightning network later this year.
- Strike App – Great app that lets you buy and sell bitcoin on the lightning network
- Cash App — Another good payment app
- Fold App – You can buy gift cards using bitcoin on the lightning network without KYC
- Bitrefill – You can buy gift cards using bitcoin on the lightning network without an account or KYC
- Bylls – Pay bills and send cash to anyone in Canada using the bitcoin on the lightning network
- Moon – Shop anywhere online that Visa debt is accepted, by using secure virtual prepaid Visa cards bought instantly with bitcoin on the lightning network
Exchanges where you can buy and/or sell bitcoin using Lightning network ⚡
- Bitfinex (⚡) [NO KYC (Know Your Customer)]
- River Financial (⚡) [NO KYC]
- Bull Bitcoin (⚡) ← Canada, Announcement
- Strike (⚡) ← Announcement
- Bottlepay (⚡) ← UK and across Europe
- Flitz (⚡) ← EU, How-To Video
- Azte.co (⚡) ← Announcement
- OKCoin (⚡) ← Announcement
- OKEx (⚡) ← Announcement
- CoinCorner (⚡) ← Announcement
- Bitbargain (⚡)
- HolyTransaction (⚡)
- BTCDuke (⚡)
- Bitaroo (⚡) ← Australia
- BitNob (⚡) ← Announcement
- Vaultoro (⚡)
- VBTC (⚡) ← Vietnam, Announcement, Press
- Buda (⚡)
- NiceHash Exchange (⚡)
- Breez (⚡) ← Announcement
- Bipa (⚡) ← Brazil
- SouthXchange (⚡) ← Argentina
- Landifa — Bitcoin Trade Namibia (⚡)
- FastBitcoins (💵, ⚡) [NO KYC, under $150]← UK, Canada and Estonia only, buy voucher with cash, then withdraw from FastBitcoins using Lightning network
- Graaf One (⚡) ← Canada
P2P Trading exchanges with base currency support for Lightning network ⚡
- HodlHodl (💵, ⚡) [NO KYC] ← Not available in the U.S. [Lightning network is implemented simply as a payment method allowed for buying bitcoin.]
- Paxful (💵, ⚡) ←Announcement
- Many P2P trading exchanges either explicitly allow bitcoin on Lightning network ⚡ as a payment method, or have an “Other” payment method that is a catchall in which the details of the payment method are located in the details of the trade offer.
- Coinos (⚡) [NO KYC] ← Also supports swap to/from Liquid network
- FixedFloat.com (⚡) [NO KYC] ← Not available in the U.S.
- Boltz (⚡) [NO KYC]
- SideShift AI (⚡) [NO KYC] ← Not available in the U.S.
- ZigZag (⚡) [NO KYC]
- Lightning Loop client (⚡) [NO KYC]
- Submarine Swaps (⚡) [NO KYC]
- BitRefill (⚡) [NO KYC]
- FastBitcoins (⚡) [NO KYC, when under $150]← Buy FastBitcoins voucher using bitcoin or altcoins on BitRefill, then withdraw from FastBitcoins using Lightning network ⚡
- XLM to LN (⚡) [NO KYC]
- CoinPlaza (⚡)
- Liquid.Taxi (⚡ coming soon)
- Many P2P Trading Exchanges (including No-KYC ones) either use Lightning network ⚡ BTC as the base currency (e.g., on HodlHodl) or provide Lightning network ⚡ BTC as a payment method when purchasing bitcoin (e.g., on Bisq network and on HodlHodl).
- Paxful permits you to convert from either USDT or ETH to BTC, and then you can withdraw that BTC on Lightining network ⚡ And vice-versa, deposit BTC on LN ⚡ and then convert to ETH or USDT. Other custodial exchanges (above) may have the same (or similar) capability.
Trading / Investment
- Loft (⚡) ← Invest inStocks using Lightning network ⚡
- LNMarkets (⚡) ← Not available from the U.S.
- Kollider (⚡) (In Alpha testing)
Debit Cards Funded Using Lightning Network
- LastBit (⚡) ← Not available in the U.S.
- Spendl (⚡) ←Browser extension (Chrome)
- Link Node Gift Card (⚡)
Retail and e-Commerce Payments
Lightning Network Wallets
- Lightning Network Stores: Mobile Wallets (⚡)
- Rusnak: Comparison of 5 Lightning Network Wallets (⚡)
- LNRoute: Lightning Wallets (⚡)