Here is an updated list of useful Bitcoin services:
Bitcoin Wallets For Beginners
- Strike (USA) – allows anyone to purchase Bitcoin in 65 supported countries – low fees for buying and selling Bitcoin – instant worldwide payments using local currencies – note that this is a custodial wallet, which means you don’t have the keys to your Bitcoin.
These are self-custodial wallets, meaning you retain have the keys to your money:
- Blockstream Jade (Canada) – a Bitcoin-only hardware wallet – good security practices
- Phoenix (USA) – this simplified self-custodial lightning wallet – you are holding your keys when using this wallet – some fees are involved – sending payments costs 0.4 % + 4 sats – developed by ACINQ.
Privacy-Oriented Bitcoin Wallets
- Sparrow – a Bitcoin wallet that emphasizes financial self-sovereignty – available on all major platforms
- Samouri – a privacy-focused Bitcoin-only wallet available only on the Android platform – non-custodial, open-source
Cashing Out Bitcoin
- HodlHodl (Latvia) – a global peer-to-peer Bitcoin trading platform that allows users to trade directly with each other
- FCF Pay (USA) – 2% fee for bill payments + $3 per payment
- Bull Bitcoin (Canada) — a non-custodial Bitcoin-only exchange and payments service from Canada cash out – 0% fee for cash out under $100 CAD, 0.5% fee to cash out $100 to $1000 CAD, 0.75% fee for $1000 to $3000, 1% for $3000 to $10000, 1.25% for over $10000
- Mt Pelerin (Switzerland) – sell Bitcoin from any wallet and withdraw funds in 12 fiat currencies directly on your bank account in you area – no identification required. in 12 currencies on your bank account in
- AgoraDesk – allows users to buy and sell Bitcoin with other users in their area
- Bisq – a decentralized Bitcoin exchange network that allows users to buy and sell Bitcoin in exchange for national currencies. Open-source desktop software. No registration required.
- Robosats – Tor-only peer-to-peer Bitcoin exchange that allows users to exchange Bitcoin for national currencies
- Bitcoin ATMs – cash out bitcoin at ATMs – fees tend to be high
- FCF Pay is a bill payment processor headquartered that allows payment in 20,000 stores, credit cards, banks, and utilities. You search the list of companies that are available to bill payment on this page.
Places To Buy Bitcoin
- Strike (Chicago, USA) – good for small purchases of Bitcoin
- Cash App (California, USA) – good for small purchases of Bitcoin, some fees involved
- Unchained (USA) – suitable for larger purchases of Bitcoin, a reputable company
- Swan (California, USA) – reputable Bitcoin seller
- River (California, USA) – reputable Bitcoin seller
- Hodl Hodl (Latvia) – a global peer-to-peer Bitcoin trading platform that allows users to trade directly with each other
- Bitcoin ATMs – you can buy bitcoin from these ATMs
- Bisq – a decentralized Bitcoin exchange network that allows users to buy and sell Bitcoin in exchange for national currencies
- Robosats – a Tor-only, peer-to-peer Bitcoin exchange that allows users to exchange Bitcoin for national currencies
Lightning Network Wallets
- Wallet Of Satoshi (Brisbane, Australia) – a custodial Lightning Network wallet that is good for beginners – iOS and Android
- Phoenix (France) – an open-source, self-custodial Lightning Network wallet – iOS and Android