A seedbox is a dedicated, high-speed server for downloading and uploading files. Most people rent seedboxes to achieve very fast torrent or Usenet transfers. Using a VPN to connect to a seedbox ensures that your transfers are completely private.
These are my recommended seedbox providers that include OpenVPN access with their packages:
RapidSeedbox — Seedbox With VPN
RapidSeedbox: A Netherlands-based provider with many “one click” apps available. All plans include OpenVPN and secure FTP (sFTP). Fast download speeds (Gigabit connections).
- Server locations: France, Netherlands
- Disk space: 500 GB
- Bandwidth: Unlimited
- Static IPs: Yes, by request
- Price: $18 month-to-month, $15 per month (annually)
- Refunds: offers 14 days “no questions asked” 100% money back guarantee
- Payments methods: Bitcoin, Paypal, Credit Cards
- Link: RapidSeedbox
Apps available: XFCE Desktop, Resilio Sync (BTSync), SABnzbd+, NZBGet, Firefox, HandBrake, FileZilla, Dropbox, Tranmisssion, Archive Manager, File Roller, Software Center, BleachBit, Deluge, Plex, SabNZB,Emby, uTorrent.
Gigarapid — Seedbox With VPN
Gigarapid — all accounts are installed with dedicated servers and a free VPN is included. There are 90 apps available for one-click installation. Regular accounts cost €6.45 per month, and include 700GB of storage, and 5TB of outgoing bandwidth.
Vultr Virtual Private Servers
Vultr is a good choice if you’d like to create your own seedbox. This host offers Virtual Private Servers (VPS) for as little as $2.50 per month (but I recommend the $5 per month plan for a seedbox). They have a “one-click” install of OpenVPN, and you can install a torrent client of your choosing.
- Server locations: New York, Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Amsterdam, Paris, Frankfurt, London, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney
- Disk space: 25 GB
- Bandwidth: 1 TB
- Static IPs: Yes for all plans
- Operating systems: CentOS, CoreOS, Debian, Fedora, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Ubuntu, Windows
- Apps available: Cpanel, Docker, Drupal, Gitlab, Joomla, Lamp, Lemp, Magento, Mediawiki, Minecraft, Nextcloud, OpenVPN, ownCloud, Plesk Onyx, Presta Shop, Webmin, WordPress
- Price: $5 month-to-month
- Refunds: Yes, but only for the first 24 hours. Bitcoin payments can’t be refunded.
- Payments methods: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Paypal, Credit Cards, Alipay, UnionPay, WeChat Pay
- Link: Vultr