Newshosting is a Usenet provider based in the USA, which also offers servers in the Netherlands and Germany. This provider offers the Highwinds/Omicron news feed.
I’ve been testing Newshosting for a couple of years. It’s a reliable and speedy service, supported by good custom service.
Newshosting has one of the better free trial account offers. They allow 30 GB of downloads on free trial for 14 days, and they give you access to the same SSL service as a regular account. This includes access to their newsreader that has a built-in index search, and the ability to preview videos if there is a message with video attachments.
The top tier plan from Newshosting is now linked with Easynews. This means that customers who subscribe to the Newshosting top tier plan will be able to login to Easynews and download files using the simple web interface.
Newshosting Service Summary
- Homepage: Newshosting
- Headquarters: Florida, USA
- Backbone: Omicron Media (Highwinds)
- Server Locations: USA, Netherlands, Germany
- Retention: 3861 days
- Connections: 30 regularly (55 for Greycoder readers)
- SSL Connections: Yes
- Download limit: unlimited
- Max. Speed: unknown
- Price: $7 per month (for a yearly subscription)
- Payment Types: Credit cards, Paypal
- Trial Accounts: 7 days (or 750 GB used)
- Block Accounts: No
- Account sharing: No