IVPN is a privacy-focused VPN provider headquartered in Gibraltar. It was founded in 2009 by a group of security professionals.
IVPNrecently underwent an extensive audit conducted by independent auditors (cure53). The audit covered their public VPN service infrastructure, their internal backend servers supporting the VPN service and penetration testing of IVPN’s public web servers. You can review the results here.
IVPN has also open-sourced all their applications (Android, iOS, macOS, Windows). The aim was improve their transparency and allow for verification of their applications.
Here is a link the GitHub page: https://github.com/ivpn
VPN Service Summary
- Link: IVPN
- Headquarters: Gibraltar
- Number of servers: 22 worldwide
- Number of simultaneous connections allowed: 5
- Apps available: Windows, MacOS, iOS
- Price: $8.34 (per month with a yearly subscription)
- Trial available: 7 days (only available if you signup using a credit card or Paypal)
- Payment methods: Credit cards, Paypal, Bitcoin, Cash
- Torrenting allowed: Yes (but not US-based servers)
- Protocols supported: OpenVPN, PPTP, IPSec
- Advanced privacy features: Logless DNS server, only email address required for sign-up
IVPN does allow torrenting on servers outside the USA:
Our upstream providers in the USA have threatened to disconnect our servers on multiple occasions as a result of the high number of DMCA notices we receive. We kindly request that customers avoid USA based servers for P2P (including USA exit servers on multihop).