WireGuard is a new open-source application and protocol that implements a VPN. It incorporates state-of-the-art cryptography and is easy to audit since it written with less than 4,000 lines of code,
Basically, WireGuard aims to be faster, simpler and leaner than IPSEC or OpenVPN. It runs over UDP.
This is a short list of VPN provider that currently support WireGuard:
- VPN.AC: One of my recommended providers — will start supporting Wireguard in beta this month (February 2019)
- Mullvad: A good provider that supports WireGuard — including support via their iOS app
- IVPN: Reportedly supports Wireguard
- AzireVPN: This service supports Wireguard
- WireVPN: Currently supports Android with its own native app and also Windows, MacOS, Linux in Desktops via configuration files.
- Private Internet Access: Helped to fund WireGuard development — support is coming soon