Using a VPN with P2P is a straightforward way to conceal your IP address, and ensure your privacy.
The best VPNs are those have policies that allow P2P transfers on their servers.
Listed below are VPNs that allow P2P and put an emphasis on keeping your online activities private.
three months free service.
Private Internet Access: Budget Choice
- Website: Private Internet Access
- Business Location: USA
- Server Location: 3062+ Servers in 28 Countries
- Cost: $6.95 USD per month, $39.95 USD per year, $69.95 USD for two years
- Number of connections allowed: 5 simultaneous connections
- Apps available for: Linux, Windows, Mac, iOS and Android
- Payment Types: Bitcoin, Paypal and Credit Cards, major brand gift cards, Ripple, CashU, iOS In-App purchase (through our iOS app only) and Paygarden
- Trial Account: No (7 day money back guarantee instead)
- Platforms Supported: Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Chrome Extension,DD-WRT Router, Tomato Router, PfSense Router
- Terms of Service
Notes On VPN Service
Private Internet Access is another good choice for a P2P users. It is no quite as reliable and polished as ExpressVPN, but is less expensive.
The company operates out of the United States with gigabit gateways in the USA, Canada, UK, Switzerland, and the Netherlands. I’ve been testing their VPN service for about 12 months now, and I’ve had no problems. I use it continuously now, and I don’t notice any lag when browsing the web, or downloading files. They are also one of the least expensive private VPNs, with rates at $39.95 year, or $6.95 per month.
In regards to logging user activity, the company says:
We absolutely do not maintain any VPN logs of any kind. We utilize shared IP addresses rather than dynamic or static IPs, so it is not possible to match a user to an external IP. These are some of the many solutions we have implemented to enable the strongest levels of anonymity amongst VPN services. Further, we would like to encourage our users to use an anonymous e-mail and pay with Bitcoins to ensure even higher levels of anonymity should it be required. Our core verticals are privacy, quality of service, and prompt customer support. We will not share any information with third parties without a valid court order. With that said, it is impossible to match a user to any activity on our system since we utilize shared IPs and maintain absolutely no logs.
Their VPN service supports all the major platforms: Window, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS and Android. They support the following VPN protocols: PPTP, IPSEC, OpenVPN and L2TP. You can also configure Private Internet Access to work on a DD-WRT router or Tomato router (via SSL/OpenVPN) for constant security.
Their VPN client also has handy features like DNS leakage blocking and an “internet kill switch” (a feature that shuts off your internet connection if your VPN connection goes down).
The service costs $6.95 per month, or $40 per year.
Link: Private Internet Access