These are my recommended seedbox providers that support torrenting:
- RapidSeedbox — “one-click” installs of Deluge, qBitTorrent, ruTorrent, and Transmission — you get root access on your machine. Accepts bitcoin, 14-day refund policy. €15 euro ($15 USD) month-to-month. More details.
- Gigarapid — all accounts are installed with dedicated servers and a free VPN is included. There are 90 apps available for one-click installation. Regular accounts cost €6.45 per month, and include 700GB of storage, 5TB outgoing bandwidth.
What is a Seedbox?
A seedbox is a high-speed server for downloading and uploading files. Most people get a seedbox to perform fast torrent or Usenet transfers.
Typically on a seedbox, you will see download speeds from 100Mbps (8 MB/s) to 10Gbps (1250 MB/s). However, if you are in North America using a Seedbox in Europe, you’ll probably get a maximum of 24 MB/s on a single connection. Opening multiple connections can help.
A seedbox also allows you to avoid ISP throttling and bypass eavesdroppers like the RIAA or MPAA.
Today, several seedbox providers exist — individuals or small companies run most.
How To Use A Seedbox
Generally, seedboxes are set up so you can install Usenet and torrent applications easily.
Once the files are downloaded to the seedbox, they can be downloaded to your computer via HTTP, FTP or SFTP. You can also directly stream the media from the seedbox with an application like Plex.
Some seedbox providers offer VNC connection or remote desktop protocol on some Windows-based machines. This allows many popular clients to be run remotely.
A Full List Of Seedbox Providers With Torrent Support
Here is a list of all the seedbox providers that have been in business for more than a year:
- Bytesized Hosting
- Dediseedbox — recommended
- Feral Hosting
- Pulsed Media — recommended
- RapidSeedbox — recommended
- Hostingby.Design (formerly Seedbox.io / WalkerServers) — – another well-known seedbox provider that allows public trackers, Plex, and apps for automation — 2TB – 10gbps – 10TB bandwidth – €15
- The Seedbox Company
- SeedHost.eu — allows public trackers, Plex, and apps for automation. 3.9TB – 1gbps – 8TB bandwidth – €12
- Seedmonster — new provider
- Swizzin — supports Plex and even has GPU transcoding support at no additional charge. 4-6 users per disk. Plex/FTP upload is not counted toward the bandwidth limit. 2TB – 20gbps – 8TB bandwidth – $16
- UltraSeedbox — download unmetered, supports plex and automation tools. Public torrents are supported but only allowed to upload to a ratio of 2. 4TB – 20gbps – 8TB bandwidth – €15
- WhatBox — has automation apps but only allows a handful of one-click install apps. Whatbox has a good wiki on installing most apps through SSH.