WireGuard is a new open-source application and protocol that implements a VPN. It incorporates state-of-the-art cryptography and is easy to audit since it is written with less than 4,000 lines of code.
WireGuard aims to be faster, simpler, and leaner than IPSEC or OpenVPN. It runs over UDP.
This is a short list of VPN providers that currently support WireGuard:
- Private Internet Access: Wireguard was made available on March 22. PIA was involved in funding WireGuard’s development
- SurfShark: this provider has an easy-to-use implementation of Wireguard on mobile and desktop
- VPN.AC: recommended for those wanted to avoid internet blocks and censorship in countries like China
- Mullvad: A small but reliable provider that supports WireGuard — including support via their iOS app
- IVPN: Reportedly supports Wireguard
- AzireVPN: This service supports Wireguard